Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Importance of Good Night Kiss

Source: lovetrekker.com

A new study shows that 8 out of 10 couples no longer kiss before going to bed

Is romance dead? It feels that way sometimes, especially when I hear that 8 out of 10 couples no longer kiss before going to sleep, and I mean not even in that perfunctory “Lie back, close your eyes and think of England“ kind of way, either. I’m talking nada, zilch, zero human kissing contact. Ouch.

Sorry to perpetuate a stereotype here, but this poll comes courtesy of the Brits.Travelodge surveyed 2,000 couples about their nighttime behavior, and the outlook was NOT positive.



Fifty-four percent of couples said they sleep with their backs to each other and one fourth say they can’t stand to be touched while in bed.
A whopping 90 percent of once-loved up couples also don’t utter the “L” word before bed, either..while one in four actually argues before turning off the lights.
I find that incredibly sad. I can understand when the first flush of grand passion goes away in a relationship, but one kiss certainly can’t be too painful, even if you’ve been together for what seems like forever.
I admit, I’m speaking from the lofty point of view of a woman who is in the poll’s one percentile: my boyfriend holds me every night, all night…and I can’t imagine life any other way. Yes, I am annoying. Sorry…but I’m also happy, and isn’t that the whole damn point?
My grandparents have been together for over sixty years. They still kiss each other before bed every single night. I don’t know about you, but that’s what I want…each and every single night, for the rest of my life.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...